Friday, December 4, 2009

Meredith Update (but you might enjoy it too!)

Okay Meredith here's an update... thought others might be curious on day to day as well so here it is! This won't be in any particular order, but just as I remember it. Gave Titus a bath today and put him in his kennel for a little while to dry. (see photo) Of course when he got out he got back dirty again, but his fur does feel softer! I gave Gentile her Frontline treatment today, still waiting for Bandit to show up for his... I'll get him tonight when he comes for supper! Here's also a picture of Gentile eating, she's actually been really good except for seeming a little clingy. Titus prefers to eat in the afternoon now... don't know if it is the heat or what??!! But he is eating!

We went to the Kings the other night for supper! Had fun but forgot to take Sequence so they are coming over here for dinner Monday night.

I actually forgot to take pictures Thanksgiving, but I think Anna took a couple, I'll get some from her and pass them on!

Life is tres calme here, but we are slowly filling up the schedule so it's not just Anna and I staring at each other. Monday night a girl Sangoye knows came over and we spoke English. She told me a quick version of her life story and how she has many questions about God... we are supposed to meet again next week - please pray for our time (her name is Chanie). A few of the girls from Nzong were supposed to come over today, but we had French and they didn't want to come after 3pm, so they are supposed to come Tuesday.

Next week is my last week of English class for level 1!!! We talked about them continuing on to level 2, but I think they are a little hesitant... so we decided that the Tuesday after next they should take the test (didn't take it in the first place) and that would be able to tell me if they are really ready for level 2... I think they are! The printer guy is supposed to come tomorrow and take a look at our yard sale one... called him today just to confirm.

Mama Jeanine came to English class Thursday and I think she is feeling better! She has invited Anna and I to work out in the bush, but it won't be this Saturday, maybe next. She also talked about eating what sounded like grub worms. I was able to work it into the lesson on "might/may/maybe" by saying "I might eat insects." It was funny... they loved it!!!

I had called the salad guy earlier in the week and he said he would have some stuff Friday... so he came by this morning with his wheelbarrow. I bought a few heads of lettuce (which reminds me I need to wash them!), some tomatoes, and some green leafs that start with an "F". Mama Justine showed me how to prepare them today!!! They were good... think I might have to do that again!

That's about all I can think of right now... we all miss you and hope you are doing well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment