Monday, December 14, 2009

Francais from here on out...

Anna has left me now (the last of the Americans). So from here on out it will be French in the house... I will be teaching them English when I can work it in, but since there are three of them, I think I will be speaking French. Mama Jeanine and Pastor Jean Marc (pictured here as the cutest Gabonese couple!) thought it best if a few people stayed with me, so now there are two guys living downstairs and a woman staying with me upstairs.
Side story on them: Mama Jeanine is the woman who runs the clinic that we work with here - have I told you about mobile clinics before? We go to villages in and around Libreville and do basic medical consultations for general health and eyes. She looks like she is - cute! She makes me laugh, she's sweet, thoughtful, and giving... but she can also be a fireball! She is not afraid to take charge and straighten out rough situations!
Pastor Jean Marc is shy when you first meet him, and doesn't say much... to be honest I didn't warm up to him as fast. Well it turns out that he is a great guy - more of the strong silent type, but can be just as silly and cute as Mama Jeanine! What a cute couple! He is the Director of the Samaritan's Purse Shoebox for Gabon so I may have mentioned him in previous blogs on that subject. He also runs an organization that helps handicapped children (so you know that endears him to me!). He knows somebody everywhere he goes - definitely a people person! Give him some time you'll warm up to him too!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love Mama Jeanine and Pastor Jean Marc!

    By the way, Leanne... when you're ready for speaking some English... come on over!

    ReplyDelete