Saturday, December 26, 2009

Medical Caravan

Thought I would post a few pics of one of our recent medical clinics. It is near here, take a right at IAI (pronounced E ... short A.. and E again, kind of like in the song "Old McDonald had a farm...").
Here is a picture of Mama Edith giving an eye exam before the patient gets their consultation.
This is Mama Josephine who does the consultation. She is a nurse specializing in the eyes. She only uses one of those handheld light things. All the consulting we do is pretty basic stuff... if they need more attention we forward them to a hospital.
Mama Christine (standing) and Mama Perrine, both are here at the "prescription counter"... sorry the picture is a little fuzzy but I liked their smiles in this one! For some reason Christine reminds me of Nicole C. Mullins.
Here is Erican, one of the nurses, that does consulting... in his makeshift office. You do with what you have.
So I was with Joseph when he went to this cartier (sp?) to give them a letter about the medical clinic. I stayed in the truck while he went to see the chief (chef). Before he left he told this 16 year old girl to be my security... and she took him seriously (she doesn't know Joseph very well :). I soon got out of the truck - too hot - to go check out this monkey in a cage about 30 feet away from the truck. (I was not in a dangerous area, it was during the day, and a lot of people were around.) Well she decided to start following me - she is very good at this security thing and I think she might have a future in it! It just made me giggle so when we went back for the medical clinic I got a picture with her. Her name is Monet... or at least it sounds like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment