Monday, September 7, 2009

Closet treasures

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. Matthew 6:19

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21


It wasn't even wool! I didn't bring any wool... not like I would need it. But there are little moths or bugs that eat away at your clothes here. Discovered this one morning getting ready for church. I have to admit it did sadden me a little, but it also reminded me of the above verse. The cool thing is what happened when I went to church that morning... a girl came up to me and gave me a gift... a bag of clothes! That reminded me of the verses below... a little later in chapter 6.




25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

2 comments:

  1. Saw the tag...gives you a reason to come back and see us again. To go to the outlet on the way to Clinton! And you can see us too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do get the point that He is taking care of you!
    I'm liking Ps 84 lately:

    1 How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD Almighty!
    2 My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
    3 Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young— a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.
    4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. Selah
    5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
    6 As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
    7 They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
    8 Hear my prayer, O LORD God Almighty; listen to me, O God of Jacob. Selah
    9 Look upon our shield, O God; look with favor on your anointed one.
    10 Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
    11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
    12 O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.

    ReplyDelete