Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Roomies

Tim and Meredith (T&M) are with the Short Term Missions Office of the CMA. Their primary responsibility is to host teams and individuals (such as me) that come to Gabon, and plug them in to the church and its ministries. T&M is the couple I will be living above/with for the next year (along with others that come and go).


So philosophically I’ve analyzed T&M and come to the following conclusion: there are two options, which are not necessarily mutually exclusive.


Option A: T&M really are wierdos and that’s why they get along with me so well


Option B: T&M are faking getting along with me


If option A is true, I don’t have the heart to tell them. And they seem to get along with everyone else as well, so there is no need to upset the papaya cart.


If option B is true, then they are doing a fantastic job and they truly should consider acting – the pay is much better! And you know what, I’m okay with this option – ignorance really is bliss.


T&M are comfortable people to be around; they are cool, funny, and easy to get along with. And they actually do put up with me well so far (talking to myself, burping, etc.). Please continue to pray for them as they are living with me for the next year – and some of you know what an experience that can be!


Here are T&M getting a quick nap after a day and a half of clinic.




No comments:

Post a Comment