Saturday, March 24, 2012

There are people so poor, that the only thing they have is money.

I love this quote.
But on the ride back from Bongolo I caught myself asking the question... Why was I born into such riches, such affluence?  We pass a bunch of small villages on the route and there is always a woman walking along the side of the road with a heavy load hanging from her head.  
So today this quote hit me... why do I think I am richer?  Because I'm riding in a car?  Because I don't have to carry heavy loads on my head?  Because I have food in my refrigerator?
What if I am not actually richer than she is?
What if she has more joy than I do?
What if she has more strength than I do?  (Which I pretty sure she does!!)
What if she has more character than I do?
Am I really richer?

1 comment:

  1. So appreciate this much needed reminder. Thank you. Bless your heart!!!

    ReplyDelete