Saturday, May 30, 2009

Waiting and washcloths

So I left at 2:30pm to stand and wait for Sandra outside of our gate, actually probably a few minutes early because I don't like to be late. I waited for probably 20 minutes before she arrived, then we walked down the street to catch a taxi which we took for maybe a mile. We got out of the taxi walked for a little while along the train tracks and through a market to a waiting area. We waited there till around 4pm. Finally a few other youth showed up and then we waited for her dad to come pick us up and take us to the church. Actually it wasn't the church I go to on Sundays but an annex way down some other road. We got there I'm guessing around 4:30pm... did I mention it started at 3:00pm, or at least it was supposed to. I really have no idea when the service started but by the time we got there they were already underway. The service finished up at 5:15pm and I am now back home at 6:00pm. Is there anyone else who thinks God is teaching me patience??? I shouldn't act like it's that bad... once you get used to the life here, waiting isn't such a big deal, just part of life. Kind of like the heat. While we were waiting to be picked up I looked down at my pants and saw what looked like water splashed below my knee. I wondered what it was until I reached down to touch it and pressed the pant against my leg, which caused the spots to get bigger! How can I be sweating on my knees? I don't normally sweat that much, but here it's just part of life. They usually carry around wash cloths to wipe themselves with... it looks like I'm going to have to start that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment