Friday, October 19, 2012

Porcupine, Antelope, Crocodile, Palm worm, and python

Oh to be back in the US!  You know it took less than 30 seconds to upload these two photos!!  Unbelievable!
You can order whatever is on the menu!!  And there are so many choices!!
Culture shock.
But you usually can't order python.

On Wednesday nights we usually had a English Bible study with Alace, Steve, Nesmi, and Andou.  Andou is a Gabonese who married a Malagasy woman (from Madagascar), Nesmi.  She speaks perfect English, and what he didn't understand she would tell him.  My last Wednesday night, I told them I was headed to the states and they asked if I had ever had snake or catfish.  When I replied "no", they insisted that I have some before I leave.  So wouldn't you know, they showed up the day before I left with a sampling of what we think was a python and some spicy catfish.

1 comment: