Friday, August 27, 2010

Adventures in Vermont


Today I took a half day off and went exploring. As I set out it was a beautiful day! A crisp blue sky with just the right amount of clouds - perfect for laying on your back and watching them roll by. Do you ever play that game where you say what a cloud looks like? Today was the perfect day for that!
The trees reminded me of Gabon... they look like broccoli covering the mountains. The clouds gave the mountains different shades of green as they floated over.
So I went hiking a little south of here.

Here a few pictures...
Found a few neat mushrooms...


























What? Not a mushroom fan? Maybe you'd be more interested in seeing the animal I saw. When I encountered this animal I tried to talk soothingly and not alarm him. "I have eaten your kind once, but the meat tasted a little like olives - and though I like olives I never really enjoyed your meat. So you just meander on and don't worry about me."




Those of you that know me well - know that I talk to myself. So is it really surprising that I talked to a porcupine?
As I am writing this blog a four year girl notices a bandaid I have on my finger. I tell her that it is from a blister that popped. She asks if the porcupine popped it?

No comments:

Post a Comment