Wednesday, February 10, 2010

En bruce encore

Again what it sounds like when they are talking about going to their plantations. This time I did end up doing a little work, but they were more concerned with me seeing the whole plantation and experiencing it, than my work.

Mama Jeanine taught me what leaves to use as a dinner plate and also as a glass for water... here she is with her "glass" of water.

Here is a picture of me with one of the baskets they use. This one just had bread in it for lunch so it was fairly light.
Also for all those sweet potato fans out there (WEB) - here's a picture of some hills of "potates". I'm convinced they are white sweet potatoes.
This was a neighbor's potato patch so I don't know if the hills were formed individually or if the rains eroded them - just one of the great mysteries of Gabon.

Here is a Jean Marc sitting on a neat little bench that they made.

Mama Josephine is cleaning the peanuts in the stream in these cool baskets they make (they being somebody else - we bought them). She was definitely the hard working one in the group, the rest of us did work, but you could definitely tell we weren't on the clock or getting paid. ps. I love the lighting in this picture... sprinkling through the trees.











Cool picture of a grasshopper... and you thought they were all green! I'm thinking He had just finished creating the yellow jacket when He came up with this one. Any other guesses?

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see some more of what you are doing. Can't wait to talk to you. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweeeeet grashopper pic. =)

    ReplyDelete