Saturday, February 20, 2010

Christmas is here!

You actually might think this, since the city still has the Christmas decorations up - on the 20th of February!!! Actually we did see them taking down some of it today. But actually I'm referring to the Christmas Shoeboxes... they just came into Gabon recently and yesterday Joseph worked at getting them in storage. Joseph works with Pastor Jean Marc who is the director of the Shoebox project here in Gabon. They are very excited to have five containers coming in this year! Two that will be distributed here in Libreville, while the other three will go to Port Gentil, Lambarene, and another place I forget.

I was excited to see reminders of my home state! Actually Jean Marc deals a lot with Boone, NC since I think that's where Samaritan's Purse headquarters are located.

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you! You know how much that we love shoeboxes. God uses those boxes. That is why we love the whole concept. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things get changed around and I don't understand why. Actually I, Meg, sent the previous message and not Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo on shoe boxes. At church, we are already collecting stuff for Christmas 2010.

    ReplyDelete