Saturday, November 14, 2009

His side of the story

What you all have been waiting for... ok maybe just me. But it really is neat to hear about his experience from his point of view...
(This will be put into short chunks b/c of internet issues)

Prologue:
I went to Gabon to see how Daddy’s “little girl” was doing. I needed to see that she was OK in her new adventure. I can’t remember missing one of her birthdays and I wanted to be there for that even though I was missing Sandy’s surprise birthday party that I found out about on the day (Sandy’s Birthday), I was leaving. It is really amazing what experiences one can have traveling to a far away birthday party. But the most moving experience, for me at least, was the realization that I love Leanne very much and miss her and that I love Sandy very much and missed her if just for 17 days. And in return I realized that I was loved by both these wonderful women. I told Meredith this, during my stay there, that I have been blessed! I guess you don’t realize what is happening until you venture out of your own little cocoon and take that “Road Less Traveled”. And boy was this road less traveled! I think that these trips/ventures are really necessary as you travel though life to get to know what you have (and appreciate that) and what you may not have and especially what many others do not have. I don’t just mean material things, but the love, health, time, and friendships to enjoy this trip (life) we are all involved in.

I felt that the Gabonese people had the love, the time, and especially the friendships to enjoy their lives, but lacked many of the material things that may or may not really enrich their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment