Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Notes

It's been a long time and I just wanted to give you some idea of things going on here...
I am still alive.
We went down to the jungle last week (Bongolo) to attend a child safety seminar down there.  While I was down there I had my teeth cleaned by Nennie at Bongolo Hospital!  I did zoomba for the first time - what a workout!!  And I had my hair cut... will post pictures when I remember to!  Also took a canoe ride down the river - fun!

Week before that we went to a medical clinic with OSPAC in Mitzic... which is about 6/7 hours northeast of Libreville.  There was one lady at the clinic who I couldn't get a blood pressure on... she was very thin.  Last week when I was headed to the dental clinic at Bongolo I saw the same lady.  As I passed her I turned around and did a double take... was that the same lady???  So I went back and asked if she was in Mitzic... she said yes and I told her I was glad she had come to the hospital to get additional help!  Mitzic is in the north of Gabon and Bongolo is in the south so she travelled quite a ways!

Will write more when I think of it or when I look through the pictures that remind me of what I have actually done!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, zoomba and planking are the two new things I guess, and not just in the US! Have they started planking in Gabon yet??

    I want to see hair pictures!

    ReplyDelete