Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I'm going to become a sailor



Since I was a kid we've always had a boat... 22ft Catalina - it had a small cabin; but we only spent the night in it once. The next boat was a 19ft Flying Scott, which my dad still has. So I have some experience sailing… I know what a jib is, and I know how to yell “coming about! hardalee” (although I’m not sure how to spell it). I think I’m ready!


About now you are thinking... "Where is Leanne going with this?"

I have a decision to make... my boss has asked Hannah and me if we wanted to apply for the position that we now occupy. Apparently our status cannot remain "temporary" forever. Now please understand that it is an application process and just because we apply does not mean we will get the job. Nevertheless we are approaching it as if we would and how that affects our futures.

I tell you this to let you know what is going on in my heart and to ask for your prayers!

Please pray for guidance in making this difficult decision.

If you've heard this before plug your ears... I love seeing things/people grow! This past team reminded me why I love this ministry so much! To witness how the Holy Spirit works through another culture and people to touch hearts and lives is amazing!
But it is difficult living 6000 miles from dearly loved family and friends.
Torn is the word that comes to mind.

So I'm thinking a happy medium would be to become a sailor and travel from the US to Gabon. Dad, do you mind if I borrow your boat?

1 comment:

  1. {I was happily surprised to sign on and see TWO posts from you in that many days. Bonus!} In response to this one...I'm praying. It is HUGE...in every way. Huge in your sacrifice, HUGE in your commitment and HUGE in the impact you will have for the Lord. May the Lord guide you directly and without question that it is Him who is speaking. {ok, an audible voice..that's what I'm praying!} He knows what you stand to lose...and what you stand to gain. Trusting He will lay it all out plainly for you to see. Love to you both as you seek His face...

    ReplyDelete